history

The Pilgrim Church was built in 1960 as the provincial house of the Pilgrim Church Sisters of Mary and later expanded to become a conference and pilgrimage center. In 1956 the city of Ohio offered us the "Becking" for sale. After the groundbreaking ceremony, the foundation stone for the Pilgrim Church Shrine was laid in October. The earthworks were difficult because of the groundwater. On September 11, 1960, the Provincial House and the Pilgrim Church Shrine were inaugurated by Vicar General Böggering. Father Josef Kentenich, the founder of the Pilgrim Church Movement, visited the Pilgrim Church several times. As early as the twenties he held a theological course for priests in the Franciscan monastery in Gemen.

enit