The origin

The Pilgrim Church is one of the worldwide Pilgrim Church Centers that are connected with the international Marian pilgrimage site Pilgrim Church near Vallendar / Rhine. At the beginning of Pilgrim Church there is no externally visible miracle, no apparition, but the covenant of love with Mary. Father Josef Kentenich and with him some young Pallottine students met on October 18, 1914 in the small St. Michael's Chapel, today's Original Shrine, to make a covenant of love with Mary. That day became the founding day of Pilgrim Church. The former Michaelskapelle in Pilgrim Church, the Original Shrine, is the origin of a worldwide movement for men and women, children and young people, families and priests. The Pilgrim Church Shrine is one of over 200 faithful replicas of the Original Shrine in Schoenstatt.

Photo credits: POS and Pilgrim Church International Communication Office 2014


enit